The IAF – IFFTI Student Award 2015
A unique Award, highlighting student’s transformative ideas for a strong and vibrant fashion industry and powered by the international relation between fashion education and fashion industry! It’s based on existing graduation work: no extra work needed, easy to enroll and announced at one of the industry’s largest and most important conferences.
Education is a strategic issue for the global fashion industry. The mission of the IAF Education Committee is therefore to act as a forum that enables (knowledge) exchange between companies involved in the apparel chain and fashion universities and colleges.
The Student Award is a joint initiative of IAF and IFFTI. Its purpose is to showcase the work of fashion graduates to the industry. This competition creates an opportunity for recent graduates to present their graduation work to industry. We are looking for innovative graduation work across all of the disciplines existing within the fashion industry and covered by the IFFTI institutes, from design to marketing to product development, from management techniques to visual merchandising, from fashion logistics to CSR and sustainability.
With this initiative IAF and IFFTI want to emphasize the importance of transformative ideas for a strong and vibrant fashion industry. The students of today will power the successful industries based on original and new ideas in 2020.
IAF and IFFTI want to encourage new ideas by fashion students and showcase these to the industry.
The prize will consist of a paid internship (maximum of 6 months) at a globally operating and well known company. The winner will be announced at the 31st IAF World Fashion Convention on October 14th, 2015 in Istanbul and given ample attention by the international industry media.
How to enroll, step by step:
- Download and complete the registration form : Registration form Student Award 2015
- Attach to your email in one document:
- The completed registration form
- Photograph(s) of the final product.
- The executive summary (1 A4 page) explaining the graduation project including:
- the concept
- the motivation and argumentation for your project
- what the positive impact of your idea might be on the fashion industry
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease make sure the attachments are not bigger than 8 MB!
Students will submit the executive summary of their graduation project and present the relevance of their final work to the industry. The project must reflect fashion trends and commerciality with attention to the use of technique or technology.
-Second and final Round:
The 10 selected students will be asked to hand in their entire graduation project. Based on that work the winner will be chosen. IAF will keep all information confidential and will not use any images or text without the permission of the contestant
The assessment criteria:
In the graduation project the student must have considered that he/she:
- Convincingly translates a personal vision for the fashion industry
- Is able to strike a balance between ambition, quality and feasibility
- Makes choices, uses relevant data and considers economic, cultural, social, professional, ethical and aesthetic aspects
- Displays breadth and depth in research and realization
The timepath in 2015:
- First anouncement in May
- Reminder in June
- First submissions expected in June-July
- Deadline to submit end of August
- Jury chooses three winners during first three weeks of September
- Announcement of winners at the IAF’s 31st World Fashion Convention in Istanbul on October 14th
- Start of internships in October, depending on company
The jury will consist of the chairperson of the IAF Education Committee, representatives of companies, an IFFTI representative, a representative of the IAF Secretariat and/of board member.
The IAF is the international federation of fashion industry associations from over 60 countries all over the world. The members of these associations include over 200.000 companies, from small local brands to global brands and retailers; small and large manufacturing companies.
Every year the IAF holds a convention where its members gather. The winners of the student award will be announced there and their work will be displayed. Additionally, the IAF activities are well-covered by the international trade press. With the student award the IAF wishes to demonstrate the importance of education and talent for the future of the industry it represents.
For the IAF Student Award, Fashion United Education is our Media Partner.